Sunday, March 27, 2005

Moving on is a simple thing...It's what you leave behind that's hard


Remember that feeling we all get when we depart company from someone we love so much? You are aware for many days in advance that this day is coming, but there is nothing you can do to make it easier.
When my daughter comes to visit me, I know she will return to her home in a day or two. I do not even think of that while she is here, but when she leaves I must watch until she is out of sight, and dry my wet eyes. She is pursuing her life, and she has left the nest. I know she will always love me, and never forget me, but it is still sad for me to see her go.
When Manna and I had to return Ho Ming back to his grandparents, we met the Grandfather in the MTR station. As he hugged me tightly, I could feel that I had the love of this little boy. I did not want to let him go, and I felt he also wanted to stay. I knew I would miss him so much. Manna saw my wet eyes that day.
Two times I have been to visit Manna, and both times when it was time to go, I wanted to miss my flight, or think of some other tactic that would get me more time with her. I promised her I will be strong, and I will not let her see my eyes wet, so I turn and walk towards my gate. Before I turn the corner, I look back, and she is watching me as I walk away.
Soon there will come a day, and I'll be back again......I'll be back for you......I'm saving up my love.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home